(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Set your Mediterranean table for two with perfectly portioned dishes
With crisp veggies, succulent seafood, hearty grains, and healthy oils, the Mediterranean diet makes nutritious eating a pleasure. This cookbook brings its bright flavors and bountiful health benefits to your table with recipes designed for two people. No need to fuss over recipe conversions or deal with too many leftovers―just relax and savor a breezy seaside breakfast or a simple rustic dinner, all without leaving home.
Together, discover how a Mediterranean lifestyle can reduce the risk of heart disease, aid in weight loss, and more. Cook up recipes that feature quick prep times and seasonal, accessible ingredients. Then sit back and toast a glass of red wine to dishes like:
- Citrus Fennel Salad―Bursting with fresh oranges, creamy goat cheese, and toasted pecans, this bright and aromatic salad is like a plateful of sunshine.
- Poached Salmon with Mustard-Herb Sauce―Poaching rich salmon in a tangy mustard-yogurt sauce keeps the fish moist and flaky, with an added pop of flavor from dried tarragon.
- Greek-Inspired Beef Kebabs―Perfect for grilling on a summer night, these colorful beef and vegetable kebabs are marinated in tangy balsamic vinegar and fragrant rosemary.
- Chocolate Turtle Hummus―Discover the unexpected magic of chocolate with chickpeas in a sweet twist on a Mediterranean classic.
Share the healthy Mediterranean diet with someone special―this cookbook for two makes it easy.
From the Publisher
Savor 100 Mediterranean diet dishes perfectly portioned for two
The Mediterranean diet is delicious, and studies show it can help with heart disease and weight management. Enjoy the health benefits and fresh flavors of the Mediterranean diet with recipes designed to simplify prep, minimize leftovers, and help you spend more time enjoying your meals together.
Make every meal Mediterranean, with dishes including:
Breakfast: Strawberry Basil Honey Ricotta Toast
Ricotta cheese isn’t just for lasagna! It’s a great source of protein and full of calcium with a flavor that pairs with both sweet and savory.
Lunch: Pan-Roasted Wild Cod with Tomatoes, Olives, and Artichokes
Even though cod is very lean and low in fat, it still adds a healthy serving of omega-3 fatty acids to your diet.
Dinner: Dinner: Shrimp with Arugula Pesto and Zucchini Noodles
This low-carb, veggie-packed meal preps in only 20 minutes and cooks in just 5, for a quick, weeknight-friendly meal.
And don’t forget dessert:
Spiced Baked Pears with Mascarpone
Pears are such a treat when they’re in season, but sometimes they take a while to ripen, and it’s hard to know when they’re perfectly ripe. As a result, they tend to get squeezed and bruised too often. The trick is to give them a gentle squeeze on their neck. When the neck yields to gentle pressure, it’s ready.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and set the rack to the middle position. Grease a small baking dish. 2. Cut the pears in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the core from each piece. Place the pears with the cut side up in the baking dish. 3. Combine 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, ginger, and coriander in a small bowl. Pour this mixture evenly over the pear halves.
4. Sprinkle walnuts over the pear halves.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pears are golden and you’re able to pierce them easily with a knife.
6. While the pears are baking, mix the mascarpone cheese with the remaining 2 teaspoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine.
7. Divide the mascarpone among the warm pear halves and serve.
2 ripe pears, peeled
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons honey, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 cup minced walnuts
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese