Every day, millions of people, either, are on a diet, or beginning, some sort of weight loss program. They do so, for a wide – variety, of reasons, some of which, may be health – related, while, at other times, motivated, because of, body – image matters, etc. There are a variety of ways, people, do so, from conventional, low – calorie diets, low – carbohydrate, diet – and – exercise, embarking on one of the well – known, plans, or, emphasizing a far – greater degree of exercising, etc. Regardless, of the approach, doing so, is, often, a life – altering, action. Although, many are less than successful, in this process, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 reasons, people decide to begin one of these programs.
1. Health concerns: Often, especially, after one visits his doctor, for a routine visit, and examination, the health professional strongly advises him, to lose some weight! This advice, generally, is given, in order to reduce, and minimize, a variety of actual, and/ or, potential health – related issues, and concerns. Excessive weight has been known, to be detrimental to conditions, related to the heart, kidneys, lungs/ breathing, a variety of aches and pains, etc.
2. Health issues (heart, diabetes, arthritis, etc): Those, with various forms of health issues, especially, those related to the healthy function of the heart, diabetes, joints – related issues,etc, are often advised, by their health professional, to take off, some weight. Excessive weight, often, puts additional stresses, and strains, on a variety of organs, etc, and. many diet, in some form (or another), in order to address these concerns, etc.
3. Body image: Perhaps, the most common, reason, many begin dieting, is their personal perception, of their body, and body image – issues! It seems, some people, are constantly, on, or beginning, some type of weight loss, program, and, either, become frustrated, or perceive, they need, to take off, some pounds, to be more attractive, etc.
4. Aches and pains: Although, many suffer, a variety of aches, and pains, for various reasons, and, should not be ignored, nor should you, ever, assume, all you need to do, is go on a diet, and lose some weight, once a doctor, rules out, and/ or, treats a medical condition, many of these discomforts, are eased, by reducing one’s body weight!
5. Seasonal reasons: For most people, they pay more attention to how they appear, as summer approaches, because, more of us, is usually, exposed, when the weather gets warmer. Instead of waiting until the last moment, wouldn’t it make far more sense, to pay more focus, on maintaining the correct body – weight, year – around?
Regardless of your reasons, if you determine, you want, and/ or, need to lose some weight, do so wisely, and carefully! Consult a health professional, for some healthy options, and alternatives!